1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Artists Using Doll Likenesses without Crediting [Mijn Schatje discussion]

May 31, 2009

1. The Facebook comment by Mijn that she posted earlier today about supposedly talking with Denny from DIM and consulting a lawyer has now been deleted.

2. Has anyone contacted Violet Poem?

3. Yes, but there has been no reply yet.

4. I just saw that. I wonder what that means for DIM?

I really wish Volks would make a public statement. It seems unlike them to not say something for this long.

Honestly, this how thing is just making me sick. The idea that after all she has done that she might get off the hook is so sad. :(

5. Sent an e-mail to HI-FRUCTOSE.

From another artist? And Audrey Kawasaki's art out of all?

I don't know how to express it in words.

6. I've been following this. It just makes me sad more than anything...that art is no longer even art sometimes because dishonest people are just cobbling together the works of others... I often fear that reading is disappearing and with things like this, I am horrified that art is disappearing too.

It breaks my heart.

7. Hi, Today, I was surprised to receive an e-mail from dear Aimee that the Mijn said DIM gave the permission.

So I replied to Aimee and I want to show this too for any misunderstanding.

HI Aimee,

I think that's not true ^^

I never give her any permission to use our images.

She contacted me few days ago and I told her not to use our images without our permission.

And asked her to take off all our images.

Then, she told me that she took off all.

I don't know what is going on.

She contacted me again yesterday asking about illustrator artist program and I said to her that
      we will not work with you even if you are very talented because you have a bad reputation about copyright issue.

That's all I said to her.

Again, I don't support her and I never gave her any permission to use DIM images.

Thank you ^^

I will write this at DOA too for explanation

I wouldn't do any business with dishonest people.

Good day

Denny

8. I am new to this topic but I am shocked of what happened. I am very sorry for everyone whose pictures were used in order to make money without permission :(

Personally, I do worry that my pictures on flickr might be used by others without asking... and, it has already happened, but not as dramatically as in this case (people used my pictures on their homepages without asking). Anyway, I have decided that sharing my enthusiasm for dolls with the community is more important to me than the fear that my images might be stolen. Especially because I also have good friends who contact me if they see my images being used somehwere :)

9. I suppose that is what I said above. Take off our images and do not use ours without permission.

I think she meant that one talking with me.

Thanks.

Denny

10. We love you, Denny...keep up your beautiful art.

11. :fangirl::sumomo::sumomo:

Thanks Denny

12. Thank you

I am not very sure all about the issue.
      But what I know is told her not to use our images or it'll be a matter.
      that's all.

And when she gave her interest for the artist program, I gently turned her down.

Anyway, I hope this would be solved out without any harm to people. ^^
      I gotta go to bed ~~

Good day all you guys~~~~

Denny

13. Her statement on Facebook was extremely misleading. I think that is what frustrates me most. Though she claims to suffer the results of a language barrier, she is able to craft her statements to mislead readers without directly lying.

14. Oh.I understand what you mean.

I should write comments there.
      Let me find this.

Thanks Aimee ~~

Denny

15. I just read the comment.

It's very surprising....what I remember is she never apology for using the images.

Just saying she never gave any harm to DIM,

Anyway, people should admit faults if they make mistake. By that they can be reborn.

I guess she is not......

Sad....

Denny

16. Denny, thank you very much for your statement. It's very good to know that DIM will in no way be working with someone as dishonest as her. I'm very sorry for the disrespect she has shown you!

17. @Denny Kim I'm really sorry for all the trouble she is causing you and everyone else involved in this... thank you for adding your comments to make matters clear for us.

Mijn Schatje needs to... she just needs to stop. This is becoming more and more unbelievable and farcical by the day!

18. Denny, I am so glad you frequent DoA and that you posted.

Thank you for clearing everything up. Not only is she misleading on her facebook, but anyone who contacted her directly are also told different things. She has told someone else through email that she is in talks with DiM and everything is going smoothly. She doesn't say what the talks are about, but she makes it sound like everything is settled in a good way and she does not admit that she no permission from DiM.

Honestly, I think she has sufficient command over English that these misleading statements cannot be blamed on language barrier.

Also, I'm wondering whether she's getting her 'pieces' with the DiM and Blastmilk's photos taken down from galleries as well?

My only advice is that to those she has promised to take down pictures, you might want to contact the galleries to tell them to take down the art and that Schatje has promised you such a thing.

19. Why is it so hard for her to just admit she's in the wrong. Barrier or no, every language has a expression for, "I frakked up royally, I'm sorry." She's dug herself a hole she can't climb out of and, now, she's burying herself with the weight of everything she's omitting.

Does she really think no one is going to notice her lies followed by her rapid backpedaling?

20. I believe that half of what she posts is to try and reassure herself that she's going to be all right. This might be a "if-I-stick-my-head-in-the-sand-it'll-go-away" tactic.