1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback for Mela

Jul 18, 2006

1. I bought a jacket from mela. The transaction was very smooth...fast shipping...extremely careful packaging and the item arrived in wonderful condition.

2. Since Mela left a bad feedback for me, which I think is not justified, I feel like I need to write here what REALLY happened. I will also copy/paste our exact communication (since I still have the PMs).

MELA is a BAD buyer. I DO NOT recommand her!

She agreed to some facts and is now complaining about them. She never told me at any time she wasn't satisfied with the doll, the wigs or the dress. BUT she left a negative feedback about these.

FACT 1:

MELA was supposed to make the last payment at the beginning of September, it is not my fault if she sent the final payment at least 2 weeks before. How was I supposed to magically know there was this possibility? I was in vacations for my Birthday, so I had absolutely no possibility to send the doll when she made the last payment.

Mela said by PM:
      BUT Mela told in my feedback thread:

Mela said in my feedback thread:

I sent the doll on September 6th. As it can sometimes happen with the post office, they sent back the doll to me. It was their mistake, they refunded the shipping price. The box was in bad condition and that is why I had to repackage it.

I immediately PMed Mela about it:

Mela's reply:

FACT 2:

This is the PM I sent to Mela when I resent the Unoa:

Mela's reply:

The damages that occured to the box while it was in transit are not my fault, the Unoa was well packed and NOTHING HAPPENED to the doll itself, except apparently for the eyelashes. Mela never let me know about it though...

My home is not a shop of dolls boxes, so I send them in the better boxes I can find. Especially when my house is being completely renovated since June!

FACT 3:

Mela said:
      I sent everything stated except for 2 clothes, which I replaced with a much higher quality dress that was BRAND NEW and which I originally bought for the Unoa. I tried all the 3 wigs on the Unoa JUST BEFORE sending the doll to Mela and they all fit her very well. I sent a much higher quality dress to Mela because I wasn't able to find the basic clothes I originally wanted to include with the doll.

After she received the doll, Mela immediately asked for a $150 usd refund; pretending that "she estimated" the value of the 2 outfits to be this.

here is a part of the PM Mela sent about it (the complete PM is a bit too long):

As you can see, this is completely subjective. Mela is basing her judgment on her impressions. My thread never stated any value for the accessories (only the number of things included) or the doll, but Mela could easily see that a Unoa Lusis usually sells for 1000usd or more and she received a COMPLETE unoa Lusis + sist faceplate with artist faceup + accessories AND the shipping price was included in the total.

I was shocked to read her PM and tried to explain her that the Unoa only was widely worth the price she paid and that all the accessories were like "free gifts".

She completely refused to understand this and threatened to open a paypal dispute to have her refund. So I did agree to send the 2 additionnal clothes when I would find them.

Proof in this PM part sent by Mela:

I sent the clothes when I found them BUT Mela left a not justified negative feedback to me.

I seriously think that Mela persisted in pretenting to not understand this point because she wanted to reduce the price she paid for the Unoa and have additional items.

FACT 4:

What Mela said in my feedback thread:
      I never "claimed" this. What I told exactly to Mela (on December 7th) was this:

I also sent her this PM:

NOW here is also where Mela is obviously liying:

this is NOT true. Mela received a brand new dress by Kondoll (which I ordered for Unoa size, I still have my emails proofs of order) + F2BM outfit + handmade outfit. All 3 outfits are MSD sized and supposed to fit an Unoa.
      I never stated in the thread that the buyer would receive Mio or Luts outfits or any other high-quality brands outfits. Only the number of included items was stated, not their value. Mela's point here is, again, FALSE and NOT justified.

Mela also said:
      Again, this is NOT true. Both the doll and the faceplates were in PERFECT condition. (the condition was specified as: NO discoloration, NO scratch, etc.) and the value is the price I PAID for them (Lusis's faceup was not new when I got it BUT was still acceptable - Sist faceup was perfect)

Lusis's faceup WAS done by Kaye.

This complete transaction was a really bad and disapointing experience.

3. I am allowed to offer rebuttal to feedback left. The feedback I left for temporallelement is here.
      Our original layaway agreement was that I would make the final payment on August 25th; I believe I actually sent the final payment the weekend before.
      There is no proof that she sent the doll at this time; she NEVER PMed me to let me know that she had shipped the doll on the 6th, and that is why I mentioned it in my feedback.
      This is misleading. I NEVER would have expected her to have lowered the value of the doll by $1000, and I WAS NOT TOLD UNTIL AFTER SHE HAD BEEN RESHIPPED. I believe that temporallelement lowered the value of the doll so that SHE DID NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR INSURANCE.

Her house renovations have nothing to do with this. The box itself was in poor condition, and that was the material point of my feedback. NOR WAS IT PROPERLY LABELED AS FRAGILE, so the damages that occurred as a result of shipping ARE her fault - since the box wasn't labeled fragile, it was handled more roughly than it would have been otherwise.
      She admits she did not send what was promised.

The wigs she claims to have tried on: ONE is a Narin-doll wig for NARAE that IS most definitely too small for Unoa; it doesn't even fit on her head. The second is a fur wig that is too big to stay on; it fits my Bobobie Sprite's melon head perfectly. The third is a wig that fits but is so old the elastic doesn't hold.
      When you advertise a doll, wigs, and outfits together at a set price, then the wigs and outfits become part of the price and are not negotiable. As for the price of the faceplates, I am basing those off what I remember as the prices temporallelement listed in her original sales thread as split prices.
      I threatened to open a PayPal dispute when temporallelement refused initially to refund my money or send me the clothes. I felt this was justified, and is the same step I would have taken with ANY seller who did what temporallelement did.
      I believe my negative feedback was seriously justified.
      With the pictures showed of the doll and the outfits they were wearing in the pictures, the quality of what I received was significantly lower than what was expected. Also, temporallelement ignored my questions about what outfits would be sent with the doll.

I HAVE NEVER argued the price of something with a seller AFTER the item was received unless the item arrived in significantly different condition than it was advertised in. In this case, the Unoa WAS NOT as advertised.
      THIS PM WAS SENT ON NOVEMBER 28th. NOT December 7th. The second PM was sent on December 8th.
      I can take pictures of the outfits she sent me. F2BM are cheap clothes. Their value is between $4 and $10. The Kondoll dress DOES NOT FIT, and I can take pictures to prove it. The handmade "outfit" is a pair of leggings poorly made out of old tights and a tube top badly made out of an old sock; at best their combined value is $5 (and I do not consider leggings and a tube top a complete outfit). So yes, the clothes I received DO NOT FIT, ARE POOR QUALITY, AND ARE CHEAP.
      I have pictures taken on the day of arrival that show that the Lusis' face-up was in bad condition. It was neither "excellent" NOR "acceptable".
      This was a very disappointing transaction. For both of us.

4. Mela is a wonderful, friendly, highly recommended seller :D . Great communication, fast responses and prompt with shipping.
      Thank you very much.

5. Mela purchased a body from me. She asked if she could first put it on hold for a few days then sent payment on the day she told me she would. Her PMs were very friendly. It was an all around pleasant transaction. I highly recommend her.
      Thanks so much,
      -Am

6. Mela recently bought eyes and a wig from me. She was wonderfully pleasant to communicate with, and paid promptly. I would do business with her anytime.

7. I sold an Elf Lishe to Mela on Layaway and could not be happier with our transaction:chibi.... She was prompt, responsible, and very reliable;).... Would do business with her again in a :aheartbea:aheartbea

:thumbup:thumbup WAY UP for this awesome transaction;)
      ~Anthony

8. Did a partial buy/trade for an Unoa Lusis fp with Mela^^ I couldn't have asked for a better transaction. Her communication is excellent and she packed my items really, really well!!

Thanks Mela!!!!

9. I sold my CP AES to Mela. Wonderful buyer, very fast payment and good comunication. Thank you!

10. Mela bought a couple of wigs from me. She's was very communicative and let me know when anything seemed odd. Other than the PO not gettign her package to her on time, of which she found, everything went fairly well. I'd buy or sell from her again any time.

11. I bought Beryl's body/hooves from Mela and it was a super experience. It arrived on the first business day after I bought it! That was so fast. She answered my messages promptly and was always so nice and pleasant. Everything was safely packed also. Thanks so much, Mela! I love my hooves. :)

12. I recently sold a doll to Mela and the transaction went off beautifully. Mela was a joy to deal with throughout. She paid at the speed of light, kept communications prompt and pleasant and was altogether wonderful. I hope to work with her again and would recommend her enthusiastically.

13. hello
      i sold a dd1 body to Mela and she was very kind ,becuase the body took veeery long to arrive to her,she was friendly and great ^^
      she payed very quick and the comunication was wonderful !
      hugs
      angelika

14. I bought Beryl horns from Mela and it was a perfect transaction! *____*
      She was fast in replying and fast in sending. Very pleasant! Will definitely do business again! ^_^

15. I bought high heeled feet from Mela, they shipped very quickly, arrived packed very well, they're in great shape and look just as described. She was quick to respond to PMs and has been a total pleasure to work with. Highly recommended!

16. Mela is a nice buyer.She bought a minimee head from me.A++++++++++++++++++++

17. Mela participated in a small group order I ran. She paid right away and everything went great. She let me know when she got the package and left feedback that day. Painless and speedy transaction! I would have no worries having her in a group order.

Thanks!!

18. Mela is a great seller, she sold me a head that shipped fast and included a pair of eyes with it. Thank you!

19. I entered a split for a FL Feeple Girl with Mela. She would get the head, I got the body. Mela was incredibly sweet and very communicative throughout the entire transaction. She even allowed me to get on layaway when I became low on funds close to our purchase date! She informed me every time she got an update from Fairyland and when our items arrived to her, and then when she shipped the body to me. The doll was very well packaged and arrived quickly.

I am incredibly grateful to Mela, and my Esther is as well! I highly recommend dealing with Mela! Shes a joy to work with! <3<3

20. I bought an Unoa Lusis face plate from Mela and I am so happy! She is an amazing seller and super fast shipping! Very easy to work with and has reasonable prices!