1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tan/African American/Black BJDs - Discussion!

Dec 14, 2007

1. Wow, Aaron has such presence! He's great.

I think my list of possibilities for my first doll just expanded again....

2. Aaron is gorgeous in person. He is a great doll.

3. CarmMeldoll: Did you order your IH doll yet

LinaKauno: The bjd 2008 photo was very helpful.Thanks:)

4. I'm about five minutes away from buying a Cocori, but I wanted to know if there were any other options out there. Thanks!

Tiff

5. i know of 2, but neither is available except for occasionally on the secondary market: elfdoll ruru and volks sd16 ruby. cocori is a beautiful doll, and is on my someday list.

6. A lot of black or tan dolls I've seen have been dyed by their owners and they look gorgeous!!! Elfdoll used to make Ryung too...not sure what happened ot her tho

7. There's a hunky guy as well; Iplehouse Aaron. Tinybear is now producing a gorgeous tiny (really tiny) elf girl called Coco. I wish Dollmore would make a male Model Doll and I also wish there were African child dolls. My collection is all about diversity. I just can't get enough.

8. Thanks for the info guys. I've seen some good results from dying dolls, but I'm deathly afraid to just give my dolls a face up so dying isn't really an option. :sweat

I saw Ruru, and I want her to. She looks more latina to me though. I've never seen Volks' Ruby though. I'll have to do a search for her.

Anyway, I ordered Cocori. I'm sure I'll be happy with her. Thanks again guys! :)

9. Bobobie made "chocolate" tan dolls when they first came on the scene, but I believe they stop making them so dark because of the sanding ans scratching issue. It may be possible to buy a nice one secondhand though. Just a thought.

10. I was actually looking into buying a Chocoloate Tony from someone here on DoA, but I don't really have a fit for him in my dollie family. He's adorable though. I like the chocolate Sprites too. But I prefer SD sized dolls... for now anyway. ;)

11. I'm trying to find a larger sized male doll that has dark skin. But, from the places I've looked there's only been one so far (Iplehouse Aaron). I was wondering if anyone knew of any other dark skinned dolls, or if anyone had them? I know Abio Angel has a dark skin option, but I don't know what it looks like :/
      Can anyone help?

12. Any idea when these new bodies/colours will be coming out?
      I probably won't have enough money for quite a while, but I'd like to know which options I have before buying or saving up for something.

13. There's been no announcement so far. "Mr Dollshe" is working on catching up back orders, casting for Dollstown dolls, as well as working on the designs for his new dolls and will eventually sell them on a new website of his own. I'm sure there will be a big buzz in the news thread when it happens because the Dollshe guys are extremely popular.

14. I checked out Dolkot as Lethanon said but couldn't find any tanned skin on there.

Also Iplehouse Aaron is sold out right now because of problems with skin ):
      It seems like I'll never be able to get a dark-skinned doll :...(

15. Abio Angel does sell Tan dolls, but right now, they aren't taking anymore orders for them as there was a problem with the resin. I should know, I've been waiting 8 months for mine to arrive only to have the box get misdirected by the mail service... :|
      I'll spam pictures of Santheas when I get him. I'm getting a tan Ling. Divinity Doll has told me that the resin colour is actually quite similar to the skintone in my Avatar's image (santheas), since they were asked by the artist to choose the skintone.
      AFAIK I'm the only one getting at Tan AA at this point. The rest of my sources tell me that everyone else cancelled.

16. I love the lighter tan Aaron a LOT and I LOVE COCORI. ^_^ Not a big fan of Mellow Cole, but Stella Maris if you get one to make into a 70s chick, send me a link? I'm very into 70s funk, and I'd love to see her! ^_____^ *Has Parliament songs playing in the background, actually*

17. just a quick note on Iplehouse Aaron: The light skinned Aarons from this year are very light and are the same color as light skin Cocori (ex. Swan Lake Cocori). i just saw comparison pics and the new LS Aaron looks really good.

18. All my favorite tan and black dolls are aways limited. I really love the tan el and the really rare tan DoD duncan. My favorite girl tan doll would have to be Peakswood Goldie. She's just beautiful.