1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Petition to get Little Jr. know as a Mini

Jul 24, 2007

1. For comparisons sake:

The girl is a Happydoll Elf girl (with Volks head, but it doesn't affect her height)
      She is very close to 38cm tall, the height of the male LJs

The boy is and Unoa boy, who is of reasonable height for a mini. I forget his exact height.

[​IMG]

I believe they have a reasonable height difference for a girl and a boy, and I don't think she looks like a tiny. If someone else sees it differently, I''d be interested to hear what you think.

2. I made a comparison shots of mu 33cm range doll Minoruworld Junior Leila with 43cm range dolls and tinies. Maybe it could help in any way ^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. I think the MinoruWorld Leila looks a little more like a tall Tiny than a Mini... Does anyone have any comparison shots of a LJ girl with other Mini girls? Or an LJ boy with other Mini boys?

4. Honestly, this would be really helpful -- can someone with a LJ (boy or girl) and any other mini-sized dolls take a lineup photo like this?

Flonne, thank you for the comparisons!!

-- A <3

5. Comp pic of a LJ Boy and a MNF Boy

[​IMG]

sorry not that good a pic, but just quickly went in my studio and took pic, so didnt set up lights etc :)

edit ive got to go out now, but when back can do one with MNF/VolksMSD/LJBoy/Bambicrony pepeBoy if any help ^_^

6. I have a male LJ, a male long legged DoC, and both gender Unoas if anybody thinks that will help I can take nude comparison pictures? ^^;

~Dottie

7. if you can do it, Dottie, please do! :]
      right now, all I have access to is a Bambicrony Kumi and an LJ Tera (female LJ). if I really needed her, I also have access to my friend's Volks MSD Hisui, and my sister-in-not-law's BF Jerome.

p.s. thank you very very much, Flonne!

8. Okay, here's a comparison picture :) Hope it helps!

[​IMG]

~Dottie

9. Are all of the LJ boys, older and newer, 38cm? ust wondering, because I didn't even realize the males were larger than the girls until a couple of months ago.

Carolyn

10. Old body (no chest joint) appears to be 37cm with my tape measure... Seems the joint adds the extra height. Than again, this doll was sold as 38cm tall... It could be that his wonky leg (making him unable to stand straight at the moment) has reduced his height slightly.

11. My boy is right between 37 and 38 cm, that's without wig or any shoes :3

~Dottie

12. thank you Sour dotz. Your dolls are amazing. and thank you for your support

13. i love this size dolls..because they make perfect younger siblings for msd's!
      That aren't toddlers.

They seem to be more of a middle size..
      a tiny msd XB
      With more company's releasing doll of this hight i think there will be more discussions about this.

I don't mind.. as long as i like the dolls ^_^
      ~is waiting for more company's to release these sorta dolls <3

14. Sorry I'm here to bring more confusion to the mix ^^

Here's another questionable size doll, my Volks Ian who is about 35.5cm tall. You'd more widely hear her called "the first Volks MSD," but Volks themselves have never refered to Ian as that; they set her in the "Other" section with Unoss on their encyclopedia when they categorize her. However, her body does seem very much a prototype for the doll that came to be known as MSD.

Ian wears MSD clothes (though some can be kind of loose), but wears YoSD shoes (some can be kind of snug). Her wig size is specifically SDC size, which is pretty much the size that can be big on some Yos, and small on some MSDs...

[​IMG]
      MSD Yuni, Volks Ian, YoSD Lin, Reitenshi (About 12cm)

[​IMG]

Ian is almost like the bridge between MSD and YoSD, imo. ^^ I would say she is a touch closer to MSD height than she is to YoSD height if you compare the tops of their heads and where their shoulders line up.

Honestly, it doesn't really matter to me where she is categorized, as I really don't think I'm going to run into many more Ian owners ^^; I have always considered her a petite MSD myself (mostly because she can wear a majority of MSD clothes), but I can see why the sizing is overall questionable.

A defining point for closure would be great just so people can know for sure where to post topics on their size, and what marketplace subforum to look in when buying/selling this type of doll.

15. The mini category is WIDELY varied. I sew for dolls on this forum and I have no fewer than six different pants patterns for 'minis' even not including Little Juniors which have two additional. Still, they're all minis. I've gathered every variation of mini I have currently in house and lined them up, including my LJ Hades and my Yo-Tenshi Mamu for illustration.

They are from left:

Lati Blue Boy, SDC Boy, Volks Long-leg Boy, Volks Long-leg Girl, Yo-tenshi, Volks Standard-leg Boy. Volks Standard-leg Girl, SR 14 Girl (slim mini), Oriendoll Dae-type, Little Junior boy

[​IMG]

And again with the Little Junior and Yo-tenshi in the middle:

[​IMG]

Hope this helps.

For me this isn't a VALUE judgement, ranking a doll's worth or lovability by his/her size. Clearly I own and love the full spectrum of dolls. I simply find the Little Junior more 'in scale' with the minis than the Yo pictured.

The issue is, the Little Junior hasn't been formally placed in a category and regardless of what many readers of this thread have said, there IS confusion and there have been a fair amount of responses to discussion and sales posts criticising people for placing their thread in the wrong category. This isn't just about selling, though it would be nice to have a definite 'home' for these dolls in limbo for selling purposes. But even in size-specific discussion threads there's rather a lot of question about where to even broach a subject or ask a pertinent question.

The larger size doll category is even more widely varied - with dolls from 56 cm though 80cm. These dolls are all relatively the same scale. Similarly, the 35-38 cm dolls like Liebchin and LJ are scaled appropriately to walk in the mini doll world. I'm really not sure why this is such a hot button issue for those who object to allowing petite minis to be classified with their slightly taller cousins, when it seems so clear cut to so many people.

16. I'd tend to agree that Little Juniors seem to be more Mini sized.

It also depends on what type of Mini or Tiny you set them next to. Next to my Dream of doll boy on a dollmore body, my LJ boy looks very short, but still Mini scaled. Next to my Volks Mini, he still looks like a mini, but much more slender, and rather petite. Next to my Yo boy, he looks like a smaller Mini.

It's really a matter of opinion of course. I think of him as a slim mini, and refer to him as such. When I bought him, Little Junior information was in the Mini section. Now, a year and some later, I heard they were referred to as Tinies, which is a bit confusing for me.

So, while I don't mind where they end up, I personally consider mine Minis, and can see why others might too.

17. I have heard many times about how people didn't know which category to classify them in. I've tried numerous times to get more information on the Little Jr. girls and often find that people from both sides tell me to ask the other. I have always had Little Jrs. on the mini list but I have never included narshas because to me they looked like tinies (I didn't know their height) it seems like a set number for height may not be an accurate way to determine the category to which they belong... :sweat

18. chibikarin -

Narsha is 35cm, the same height as Little Junior Girl.

Narsha is 15-14-17 in the torso and Little Junior Girl is 16.3-13-16.5

Carolyn

19. Chibikarin It is very hard to find information on Little Juniors, so I can understand your spot. Although if we weren't going to classify them by height I think that things would get a ten times more messy. I think the height requirement is a good idea we just need stricter lines defining doll placement.

20. I was wondering too. I'm sure when they are done discussing they will get back to us. Though I'm not quite sure what difference it makes, as I thought the LJs were already placed in the mini section by mods moving threads.

I recieved my Little Junior Hades today and after much comparison and clothes swapping with my Unoa boy, I am just as certain that he is a mini. I have not however ever seen a female LJ so I can't say either way on them. But I don't think they should be split up, but that's just my personal opinion.