1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback for timchener

Sep 7, 2006

1. Timchener purchase a SchC head from me 2 months ago~!
      Sorry I forget to give u feeback last time~ XD
      Timchener's friendly and paid promptly on time!
      It's a great and pleasant transaction!
      I want to work with you again. Thank you very much!! ^^

2. I bought an argyle vest from Timechener

Great to deal with buyer, offers full refund when we got worried the stuff was not delivering on time, but the stuff did arrive on time and it was well packed :D

very happy customer will transact again in the future.

3. TimChener did Spork's face up. She put up with my waffling and indecisiveness, and came through with a beautiful face up!

She is amazing to work with, and if you like her style then go for it!

I am uber-happy.

4. Neutral

Positive: Kym was helpful when you caught her online, but when you didnt, then it took awhile for her to answer PMs.
      Negative: It looks like she needs to prioritize because other than face-ups, she appeared to be handling group orders, attend doll meets, buy dolls, sell doll stuff that delayed her faceups. Not only that, it appeared she did doll faceups on whims or according to preferences or memory. I thought the faceup would be worth the 1 month wait, but it wasn't. Her turnaround rate said 1 week and it appeared she did do him in one week. She just didnt find the time to do it. Also there was a lack of communication at the beginning of the transaction.

I trusted Kym to do a good job and I would have loved to do another faceup from her since her faceup looks great, but I was quite disappointed.

[edit] After I told her about my disappointment, she turned rather nasty. Hm, I guess she was only pretending to be nice...

5. aquarius85's PM to me:

Hello Kym,

Fortunately he arrived. I picked him up from the post office this morning. I looked at the EMS number and it seems that the post office shipped him on May 15th. I think Mother's Day delayed his arrival.

I'll have to say that I'm quite disappointed by his faceup. While he looks marvelous in pictures, he looks really messy in real life and I'm really embarass to show him to friends and family like that. Not only that, his eyelashes were extremely long and appeared to be sloppily applied. I had to trim it to make him look natural in it. I guess I'll also fix up his face too when I get the time.

But no worries, he arrived safely to me.

- Sho

===

My response to aquarius85's PM:

Re: Shipping details For Touji????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry you think his faceup is messy -- I never once said I was a professional or charged professional rates. I do use pastels, and unfortunately, they are not going to have the same look as airbrushed faceups, which are what companies use.

I'm glad he arrived safely, but I'm a little insulted at your note. More than a little, really. But maybe you can pay someone $60 to airbrush him... I just don't have the supplies.

Best of luck getting him the faceup you want.

Kym

===

How that is nasty, I'm not sure. It's hard not to be insulted when someone insults your work. I was honest, re-did the faceup several times when you didn't like it -- my priority is to make the customer happy. Please make sure you state all the facts before leaving feedback for any other transactions.

6. Feedbacks are here to HELP the customer, not neccessarily to make you look good. If you are bothered, just ask so we'll work something else.

Hm...Anyways, aren't you being nasty right now to me? Instead of dealing with this in a calm manner through PM, you respond back to your own feedback thread and demand some kind of justification. For what? For being honest??? I told you that he looks messy/dirty but I'm willing to clean him up a bit and do some tweaking. I was just disappointed at the way you handled him, not necessarily your faceup. Geesh.

Well if you want to know why you're nasty, then I'll show you by picking at your words:

Well first off, "maybe you can pay someone $60", that line is already rude. You start of with "but maybe", with "maybe" which states a probable condition, a condition in this case that shows I shouldn't have commissioned you but rather pay "$60" for someone else. You specify the price to CLEARLY CONTRASTS with your own $20-30 price. Your use of "maybe" shows that in such a condition, I should have opted for the expensive airbrushed. "Maybe" also meant that you knew I might not be able to afford $60, but you think so, which is why you use "maybe". Already, you are being nasty. You assume that I am rich enough to commission others and that I am commissioning specifically for the price instead of your abilities. I find that INSULTING, especially when I've been looking at your thread and commenting on how I like your faceups, but no - you turn the table and say that you are insulted because my boy looks messy when, in fact, I am insulted.

Your last line, "Best of luck getting him the face up you want" . "Best of luck" is usually given in a situation when you know the case is hopeless. It's mostly said when someone is in a tight situation, wanting a way out and hopes to get rid if their miserable state. "Best of luck" is just an optimistic saying, but rather a degrading way because the person usually does not get out of that miserable state. It other words, it's sarcasm. You probably think I will not find someone who is capable of getting him the right face up anyway, but you say it which only rubs it in my face.

So you are nasty for these reasons. 1) You assumed I want your faceups for their price when CLEARLY I dont since I usually comment on your faceup thread and 2) You further assume this by your sarcasm at the end.

How is this not nasty? You tell me.

Also, let me CLARIFY this quote below:

I dont know how many times you did his face up, but I only saw TWO pictures. So I assumed that you did his face twice, in others A COUPLE OF REDOS, not severals. You said that if I didnt like it, then you'd send him back to me with a full refund. That was disappointing cuz I had believed in your abilities and it felt like you wanted to get rid of him rather than do his faceup. Well, if you want facts, I'll edit my feedback and give you plenty of details along with pictures! :)

AND YOU FORGOT MY RESPONSE TO YOUR PM, which agains show how slow you are to respond to them:

" Originally Posted by timchener
      I'm sorry you think his faceup is messy -- I never once said I was a professional or charged professional rates. I do use pastels, and unfortunately, they are not going to have the same look as airbrushed faceups, which are what companies use.

I'm glad he arrived safely, but I'm a little insulted at your note. More than a little, really. But maybe you can pay someone $60 to airbrush him... I just don't have the supplies.

Best of luck getting him the faceup you want.

Kym
      "

"Hello Kym,

I'm sorry that you are insulted but I am more insulted than you because I really trusted you to do a good job. Everyone I knew said that your faceups were good, so I expected the same. When I found out how unclean he looked in real life, I felt hurt and decieved!!!

I know that you're not professional and that you used pastels. I know all of it already. I've seen your faceups. If I didnt then I wouldnt have commissioned you, right? And you say you dont have the supplies for airbrush, however, if I'm not mistaken, wont you be doing airbrush faceups in the future anyway??

His faceup is okay. I dont hate it. It just needs some tweaking, that's all. I appreciate you taking your time and effort to work on my boy's head and I'm very thankful for that.

- Sho"

7. Again, I will repeat that I'm sorry and that you're unsatisfied -- if you would like a refund, then I will provide it.

For reference and for the curiosity of other potential customers, this is the faceup in question.

[​IMG]

8. I'm just unsatisfied with how you handled him, not necessarily his faceup. That's all. I do like his lips tho and I think you captured his gentle smile well.

He just looked unclean and the eyelashes appeared to be applied on quickly and sloppily compared to your other face-ups. Like I said, I'll clean him, but it was just disappointing to recieve him looking unclean after I've waited a month for him. :|

Here are MORE DETAILED IMAGES OF HIM.
      Previous Eyelashes of faceups. I dont know if they were given or supplied by Kym:
      [​IMG]
      (see more at her thread)

The eyelashes she provided my boy:
      [​IMG]

I had to trim them. :|

Then there was specks, residues and dust that were stuck to him. At first, I thought it was from the package, so I dusted and realized they weren't coming off. I'll have to wash him :|
      http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/kitsukamo/examples/touji_ex02.jpg
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

there were a visible amount on his ears:
      [​IMG]
      http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/kitsukamo/examples/touji_ex06.jpg
      http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/kitsukamo/examples/touji_ex07.jpg

He also had some in his nostrils...
      [​IMG]

Then I was really surprised at how dirty his head looked inside. I bought him brand new and had him for ONE DAY when I shipped him off to Kym. He returned in this state:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Given that Touji is my first boy and doll, I was really excited for a faceup and I thought that he'd be handled with care. When he arrived with all this messy/dirty/unclean look, I felt like she neglected him and the only reason I could think of was because she had other priorities. If I knew that he'd come in this state, then I wouldnt ask for the commission. But I was decieved by her pictures. :|

9. I think your soo-ri looks great. I can't really see the specks of pastels in the picture but that doesn't mean it isn't there. I have seen kym's work in person and she does really great work and puts a lot of effort into each and every face up. I lent her my airbrush last month when i was at her apartment and i'm sure she is still practicing and perfecting it with it before she offers it as a service.

I have also many of my dolls sent out for face-ups with many professionals and paint and pastels tend to get inside the head through the process of the face up and then get msc'd as the many layers are coated. I never thought it was a big concern since who really see's the inside of a dolls head.

10. *sigh* It's not the faceup that I was worried about. If it was then I'd point it out on the pictures and I'd ask for a refund. Rather it was those little bits stuck to him that bothered me. I have to clean them off. If I cleaned it off, I fear that I might wipe off part of Kym's faceup. After all the stuff that's going on, I realized that Kym must put lots of effort into to faceup. I guess she just needed to be more neat? *shrug* I dont know...

Anyways, the insides doesnt bother me all that much, but you're right. No one is going to see it. But I never expected it to be dirty tho...Since you say it's normal, I guess it probably is. Maybe I just overreacted since this is my first faceup commission...???

[edit] Due to being misunderstood, I didnt want to be reminded of this when I saw Touji, so I asked for a refund.

11. As of 5/19/07, 09:56: aquarius85 has since asked for a refund, and I refunded her.

12. aquarius85, you need to chill. The more you post, the harder it is to figure out exactly what you're really upset about. I don't see anything really messy, dirty, nasty, whatever about the faceup, and this is after staring at your pictures for the last five minutes.

13. Bought a wig- it arrived in a timely fashion and is just as described! Totally a good deal- glad i went with it :)

14. Hey Kym,
      Still waiting for that black Elemental wig? I've emailed you lots and not recieved a reply. Please, when will you ship it? Please email me.

15. Bought other wigs previously from Kym and loved everything! Is something going on Kym? I hope you are okay and not sick.

16. DoA could be eating the PM's again... That happens a lot.

17. Sylvia: And I think it has! *cry* I haven't gotten any of your PMs nor any payment. Did you send payment to my paypal address? Do you have a confirmation # for the payment sent? :\

18. Purchased some eyes from Kym, quick ship, great transaction!

19. No, Kym I sent cash in the mail as I said I would. It was $12 for the black Elemental wig. If I would have known it was going to take this long I would have sent a check. I did mail it quite a long time ago and I am sure that it arrived but I may have forgotten to include my return address thinking that you still had it from our earlier transaction. Please send me my wig.

Hugs,
      Sylvia

20. Has the PM system ate my PM's to you inquiring about the Paypal funds for the Dollmore group order? T_T;;;