In addition to being illegal, recasting and bootlegging devalue the nature of our hobby, undermine the work of artists without whom this hobby would not exist and create attitudes of mistrust that affect all of us.
In case you're not sure what recasts are and what bootlegging means:
Bootleg: to make, transport, or sell something illegally. Bootlegging can be synonymous with recasting; it also refers to the trafficking of recast items
DoA has a zero-tolerance policy if we discover you are engaged in these activities on DoA. What do we mean by "zero-tolerance"? We mean that as soon as we have evidence confirming your illegal activity, we will permanently ban you from DoA. You will never be given an opportunity to reinstate your DoA membership at any future date.
We would like to remind everyone of the recasting/bootlegging activities that can get you permanently banned:
- posting images of your illegal doll on DoA
- listing your illegal doll or dolls in your DoA profile or signature
- attempting to buy, sell or trade your illegal doll in the Marketplace
- attempting to solicit sales of your illegal doll on DoA
- acting as a sales representative on DoA for a business selling illegal dolls
- sending unsolicited communications (spam) to one or more members through DoA's private messaging (PM) system
DoA will never take this matter lightly. Recasts and bootlegs are illegal. Recasting and bootlegging are illegal. If we find you have engaged in any of the actions listed above, you will receive a permanent, full-forum ban.
View company statements (starting on post #3)