• Dollism Plus US 2014, presented by Dollheart, Den of Angels, and Mint on Card

We are excited to announce that DoA will be partnering with Dollheart and Mint on Card to present the largest ball-jointed doll convention ever in the United States - Dollism Plus US in September of 2014!

Dollism Plus is a ball-jointed doll convention hosted by DollHeart in Hong Kong since 2006 (Dollism Plus - Tokyo was hosted in 2012). We are inviting doll makers and artists from all over the world to attend this event. While we have not yet invited vendors, past events have had many of the most popular Asian companies, including Luts, LeekeWorld, DoD, LatiDoll, Peakswoods, Crobidoll, Switch, BlueFairy, Nine9 Style, Another Space, RosenLied, IOS, Sadol, Pipos, DollZone, and AngelStudio. We will be bringing many talented companies to join us, as well as offering the opportunity to our some of our Western BJD retailers and artisans. If you're interested in seeing photos from some of the past Dollism Plus conventions, please check out the Meetups Gallery (HK Dollism Plus 2, HK Dollism Plus 3, HK Dollism Plus 4, HK Dollism Plus 5, HK Dollism Plus 6, HK Dollism Plus 7, and Dollism Plus Tokyo) and Dollheart's galleries on Facebook (Dollism Plus 7 Day 1 and Day 2)

This convention will also celebrate DoA's 10th anniversary. In addition to Dollism Plus's usual events, there will be a number of special DoA anniversary events and items.

The location of the convention has tentatively been set as Niagara Falls, NY. This is a great location, only a short distance from the world-famous Falls, and proximity to the Canadian border and a major airline hub will allow easier travel for both US and international visitors. Western New York has great food and scenic attractions while being gentler on the wallet than many larger cities.

At this point, we are looking to tentatively see how many people would plan to attend this event so we can secure a venue of the appropriate size. We are also asking a few questions about which vendors and events would interest you most!

Dollism Plus US Survey

Admission fees and dates will be posted after the venue has been secured. Thank you so much for your interest and we look forward to sharing more news with you!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Dollism Plus US 2014, presented by Dollheart, Den of Angels, and Mint on Card started by armeleia View original post
    Comments 16 Comments
      eleniel -
      I know we are all very excited about this event, but please remember not to chat here.
      Kymera -
      Will updates be made to this thread or will a new thread be made once the venue is selected?
      diello -
      I was just thinking that there aren't enough doll people here for me to really want a second. I'd love to meet more locals! And only an hour away from my home! Hooray!

Will there be opportunity for something akin to an artist's alley? Where we can sell hand-made wares or services?
      armeleia -
      Hello lovelies, we have a date and venue!

Date: 19th to 21st September, 2014 (3 days)
      Venue: Hyatt Regency, Buffalo

We're still securing the room rate, so please don't book accommodation yet (the rate we'll get is something like $50 discount per night). We'll post more information when we've established it.
      ImSuanne -
      I'd like to see a "Con Suite" like they do at most Sci-Fi fan conventions that serves snacks and/or meals included in the attendance fee.
      mimimontoya -
      I'd like to know about any special merch for the event ASAP (limited edition Fer, hope-hope) and if there will be a theme and any volunteer hosting opps, for example host a tea, host a meet and greet/display area as mentioned in the survey.
      Muffinz -
      I would definitely not miss this opportunity, I'd be coming from Australia so the close proximity to a good International Airport is fantastic.
      I would like to know more about what to expect at such a large convention though having never really been to anything big as far as BJD's are concerned....
      Will there be like stalls, and a theme etc?
      Tempest_Strife -
      Could there be a mailing list, to ensure we get any convention related news ASAP?
      Lady Tiku -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tempest_Strife View Post
      Could there be a mailing list, to ensure we get any convention related news ASAP?
      This is esentially what functions for the mailing list... if you subscribe any new info will appear when this thread tops your list.
      Kitty Blue -
      Well evidently they are posting info in the discussion thread they just stated that the date is moved to the 19-21st, still no clue about registration can't seem to find anything. Scratch that they updated to a new News thread http://www.denofangels.com/forums/sh...ard-Sept-19-21
      joellekarma -
      Do you have any idea what the dates this event will take place I am planing on attending this event. I make miniature pottery and hand made scale swords. I have am a bellow the knee double amputee. Is this establishment wheelchair friendly. I have prosthetics and I can walk but if I am going to be really active I prefer to use my wheelchair and a little waggin I have my kids ride in. If the waggon is a problem I will not bring it on the trip. Thank you for you time. I think this great what your doing.
      Kate -
      joellekarma, there is a ton of information in this thread: Dollism Plus US presented by DoA, Dollheart & Mint on Card - Sept 19-21 2014

And the website with the vendor information and application is here: Dollism Plus US

Here's a link to the Buffalo Hyatt's page about their accessibility: Hyatt Regency Buffalo Accessibility
      Lazhielle -
      Hi! I just found out about this event TODAY! I know it's really late. I really didn't know about this event though I was into ball jointed dolls since 1999. Is it possible to still attend? like pay upon arrival like anime conventions? or is it completely booked and no one else can attend? If you can attend, how much is the at door prices?
      SmoteyMote -
      Quote Originally Posted by Lazhielle View Post
      Hi! I just found out about this event TODAY! I know it's really late. I really didn't know about this event though I was into ball jointed dolls since 1999. Is it possible to still attend? like pay upon arrival like anime conventions? or is it completely booked and no one else can attend? If you can attend, how much is the at door prices?

Hi, it looks like the single day pass is all that is available.

http://www.denofangels.com/dollism/?page_id=134

A single day pass is available for Saturday the 20th for $65.00. This pass can be purchased at Dollism Plus Registration at the Hyatt Regency Hotel on Saturday only, and cash will be the only accepted form of payment. A single day pass will give attendees access to the Vendor Room and Photo Staging Area’s only. Attendees with single day passes will NOT be able to participate in panels, workshops, contests, and other convention functions.

Lazhielle -
      Yea I am not sure about going. If it was in NYC I would definitely go. However I would have to travel there either by plane or train also pay for hotel space, which would be okay if it was one night but I might need to do two days.

Sent from my Tardis