This is a contest to design one yard of fabric on Spoonflower in keeping with our anniversary theme, 'Me and My Shadow'.
Deadline for entries: Friday, August 19, 12:00am EDT (midnight)
Voting period: August 22-28
Winner announced: Wednesday, August 31
This contest is open to all members who are in good standing who joined on or before June 30th, 2011.
How to Enter
- Join Spoonflower.
- Create your fabric design in the medium of your choice. Scan your design if it's non-digital.
- Save your file in JPG, PNG, GIF, TIF, SVG, AI or EPS format and upload it to Spoonflower. The minimum resolution should be 150dpi, but higher is better.
» More information about file formats and uploading.
- Make your design public. On the design's page, click 'Edit Status' and tick the box for 'I would like to include this design in my public gallery.' You do not need to make your design available for sale, just have it in your public gallery so mods can check your entry.
- Submit your entry using the form we provide. The form will become available on August 1. We will be asking for the following information:
Image of your design: [jpg or png]
Title of the design:
Additional information about this design:
When voting is open, the image of your design will be shown along with your alias. The link to your design will not be shared, and it's ok to make your design private again once voting is open.
- Fabric designs must be uploaded to Spoonflower, so all Spoonflower terms of service apply, including copyright terms. If you have questions about their terms, ask them (not us).
- The design must be 100% your original creation, made specifically for this contest and reflecting the 'Me and My Shadow' theme.
- The design must be for one yard of fabric, no more or less. It may be one repeated pattern or divided into a combination of patterns. You may add decorative borders or include a template in the fabric design to create doll-scale clothing.
- At least 50% of the fabric must in scale for dolls of 1/3, 1/4 or 1/6 size. It's acceptable to have 50% (half a yard) in human scale for people who want to make items to match their dolls. A combination of doll scales is acceptable, as is a design 100% in one scale.
- Design entries may not be offered for sale until the contest closes. If you later decide to offer your design for sale, please make sure that it does not violate doll manufacturers' copyrights.
- You may only submit one entry.
Entry form now available!
The winner will receive a $50 voucher at Spoonflower, donated by Spoonflower themselves!
The second and third place winners will receive forum upgrades that quadruple the size of their inboxes.