There are three types of hosted orders: group orders, custom manufacturing and splits.
Joining an order
Forum members with limited or full Marketplace access can join an unlimited number of orders.
- Do not post a new thread about wanting to join. Instead, find an open order and send a private message to its organizer.
- By joining an order, you are committing to your purchase as much as you would be if you ordered directly from the company. Repeatedly changing your order, paying late, or backing out may be grounds for negative feedback. It is not the organizer's responsibility to extend credit or cover any of the fees associated with your order.
Remember that you can subscribe to threads by using the Thread Tools dropdown menu in the upper righthand corner of the thread. You do not need to post in the thread to join.
Organizing an order
To organize any type of hosted order, you must have at least 100 posts, have been a member for 6 months, and have a feedback thread available; this is to help ensure the safety of the Marketplace.
Specific rules for group orders
- One organizer per order. The organizer is responsible for collecting money, placing and receiving the order, and sending items to participants.
- You may organize two orders each in Group Orders, Splits and Custom Orders, for a total of six hosted orders.An order is considered current until the organizer has begun shipping the items. It's okay to split dolls ordered in a group order, but the split must be advertised separately and will count as one group order and one split.
- Do not use order payments for anything other than that order.
- Organisers may not charge fees for organizing orders. Dealer relationships and discounts must be disclosed.
- One bump per 24 hour period until the order is placed. Start a new thread for each order and edit it with updates; use PMs to communicate with participants. After the order is placed, only post in the thread to make significant updates. When the order is finished and all parts have been delivered, edit the prefix to Finished – Delete.
- You may not charge for free items that come with an order. The organizer may keep free items or give them away, but must must state who is keeping any event, promotional, or free items before the order has been placed.
- Any deadlines for orders and payments must be clearly stated in the thread. Layaway schedules should be clearly stated.
- Do not promote your hosted order in discussion threads outside the marketplace.
Specific rules for splits
- Organizers must be ordering items for themselves. You may not run group orders solely for the benefit of others or to obtain a free event item.
- More than one person may run a group order for a specific company. As a group organizer you are not the "official" organizer or representative for a company and may not prohibit or discourage others from hosting their own group orders.
- You may not run a Group Order for items from the businesses you represent. As a member, you may run a Group Order for items unrelated to your business. All rules for organizing a hosted order apply in this case.
Specific rules for custom manufacturing
- Splits may only be organized before the order is placed. Otherwise you will need to wait until it arrives to sell the pieces. Once the doll has arrived, it may be sold in the appropriate size-based Marketplace subforum.
- State the prices for all split items, including those you are keeping. The price of each piece in the split must add up to the full cost of the doll, not more.
- Split organizers must keep a significant portion of each doll being ordered; doll's head or body or pieces amounting to at least 25% of its total value. You must join someone else's split if you only want the eyes, wig, or other inexpensive parts of the doll. You may not order extra dolls to split for other people.
- The split organizer must pay for the full order if any split members drop out after the order is placed. If this occurs, you may not re-open the split but must absorb the cost of the items. You can sell split items after they arrive.
- Start a new thread for each sculpt.
- The organizer is responsible for submitting the final sculpt for approval on Den of Angels. See the forum criteria for more information on the submission process.