By buying, selling, trading, or in any way using the Marketplace, you are agreeing to these rules.
- Members are personally responsible for all transactions under their username and may only transact business on their own behalf. Do not assist non-members, new members, or those with Marketplace restrictions to access the Marketplace. You may not offer a shopping service that allows people without Marketplace access to buy or sell in the Marketplace.
- If you don't have it, you can't sell it. Do not sell items that are not in your physical possession. This includes items on order or layaway, as well as those left with family or friends while the seller is at school or away from home. Do not post WTB threads for items that have not yet shipped.
- No bootleg, copied or stolen dolls. Do not ask others to directly recast parts.
- Sellers must clearly state all payment terms in the sales thread. Payment terms may not be changed or elaborated upon via PM after a buyer is found. Flaky feedback may not be left for potential buyers who decline to purchase under these circumstances.
- Graveyard your thread using the red Graveyard Thread link in the Dolls Marketplaces when a doll or doll part is sold, on hold or on layaway. Also use the Graveyard link for finished WTBs, WTTs, or when you decide to keep your doll. Do not change the title or delete any content as it is archived for security purposes. In the non-doll Marketplaces use the Finished prefix to indicate a thread can be graveyarded.
- Sold/In-Transit Lists are not allowed in your marketplace threads. These lists cause keyword spam. Remove all sold items from posts, titles and tags once the items are sold or on hold or in transit. Sold lists will be deleted if found or reported.
- Marketplace subforums have different limits on the number of sales threads you can have:
Dolls: Separate sales threads for each doll or doll part; no limit on the number of sales threads.
Clothes, Wigs, Eyes: One sales thread per subforum.
Accessories: One sales thread for each sales prefix.
Commissionables: One sales thread for each sales prefix.
- Post at least one picture of each item you are selling. It must be your own picture, not a company photo.
- One bump per 24 hour period. A bump means any post that brings a thread to the top of the first page, regardless if it says "bump" or "pictures added" or "price lowered" or anything else.
- Raffles/lotteries (and links to off-site raffles/lotteries) are not allowed.
- For marketplace auctions, sellers must keep a public record of the full username of the current high bidder and bid price in their thread. If a bidder is outbid, they may ask (and the seller must tell them) who has outbid them and at what price. While bidders may not wish to have their names disclosed, this is one way to prevent shill bidding.
- Marketplace threads for offsite auctions are not allowed. Promoting auctions in your signature is ok.
Marketplace dishonesty may result in a Marketplace or forum-wide suspension or ban. Members who appear to be violating the spirit of the Marketplace (for example, by frequently scalping) may have their access removed.
Please remember that buying/selling/trading outside of the Marketplace is strictly against the rules and can result in a 30 day Marketplace suspension.
Any transacting of business outside of the Marketplace falls into this category.